Thursday, August 12, 2010

Originality

Jack and I sat watching Cloudy with a chance of meatballs...Again... and the Mom says to Flint "Flint, the world needs your originality" and then she dies or something.

Jack: Mom, I can't wait for the day when you can say that to me. (he looks so serious)
me: Ohhhh, well the world really does need...
Jack: NOOOO NOT NOWWWW! I meant later!
me: sheesh.

(Later...)
Jack: Look at this thing I made! (pringles can attached to an old phone cord, draped over his table with a Zurg figure holding the can up,)
me: Wow, that looks... original...
Jack: Yeah it is! It's an original invention.
me: Well you know, the world needs your originality.
Jack: Mom, I meant for you to say it not on the same day that I told you to say it, but later when it actually is real. Sigh...

Mom gets shut down... Again...

No comments:

Post a Comment