Monday, August 30, 2010

Could we possibly do more in one day?

It feels like I've been running crazy for the last few weeks, and today it feels like I crammed a week's worth of activities into one day! I know I'm exaggerating, but I'm exhausted, Jack's asleep already and Dennis looks beat too.

After work, we took Jack to his Taekwondo class, and then told him we'd take him wherever he wanted to go for dinner. It's his last night before school starts and we wanted to make is special. He thought about it for about a second and said "Ichiro"! Sushi is king. So we drove across town to eat. Jack was already tired from class, and from swimming earlier in the day, and he just about made it through dinner (yellowtail, salmon and avocado rolls, PLUS noodles and rice and brocolli) before he crashed in the backseat on the drive home. His eyes were all glazed over.

me: Jack, what was your favorite part about class today?
Jack: (without even pausing) When it was over.
me: Oh. How come?
Jack: Cuz all we did was kick, kick, kick, kick, kick and then kick kick...
me: I get the point.
Jack: You know what would be great? If they had an EATING class. Where if you did one thing right they would say "Jack gets a piece of sushi now!"

I guess he was starving AND tired. Wait til he starts school. That's a whole new level of exhaustion. Sweet dreams Jack, and welcome to the big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment