Sunday, July 18, 2010

Where has the time gone?

5 and 1/2 years. Almost. On July 25th Jack will celebrate another milestone. He's been waiting for this for months! It's not enough to be just 5. He got very excited when he found out he was 5 and 3/8! So in a few days, next Sunday to be exact, Jack will have a small, but meaningful 5 and 1/2 year old birthday celebration. It will really just be us and the cats. :)  But, Jack will be thrilled!

Needless to say, I get a little melancholy at the thought of him growing older, bigger, wiser, etc. It's just going too fast. Make it slow down. Here's how things looked just the other day! Okay, it was a few years ago, but still:

 (Photos of Jack at 2 and 3 years old.)

...Will finish this post up in a bit. Little monster just returned from a trip to Ikea with Daddy. He's insisting that I come look at what he put in his safe (piggy bank).

Okay, I'm back. A few hours later and much more tired. The heat is killing me. Jack had a bit of a cranky afternoon, mostly because of the heat, I'm guessing. So, he is now asleep and I have a few minutes to catch up. Now where was I?

So, even the cats are getting older. I was just informed that Bella has turned into a "senior" cat! Senior! Little Bella! She's only 7. But wow, those years flew by also. Ed is 9. I guess we should have a big party for both of them. :)

Jack: What does "senior" mean?
me: It means you're old.
Jack: (he looks aghast.) How come the kitties are old and they're only 7 and 9? You're 41!
me: Tell me about it. Anyway...
Jack: Well, in a week I will finally be 5 and a half. Yaaayyyyyy! I'm so excited!
me: It's a big deal to be 5 and a half, huh?
Jack: Yes it is. It means I'm older that most people in my class.
me: Actually Jack, you're younger than most of them.
Jack: Well, they only call themselves FIVE, so if I call myself FIVE and a HALF, I will sound older.
me: And when you get old like me, you'll want to be younger.
Jack: Nah, that'll never happen. I'll always want to be older until I'm a hundred. (he thinks) How old will you be when I'm a hundred?
me: (Sigh) A hundred and forty one. Thanks. I'm sure it will be great.

More sarcasm I could not have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment