Tuesday, July 6, 2010

OMG So Hot!

107, 104, 102...not normally numbers you'd associate with temperature, but alas, here we are. Even our central air cannot keep up with the heat. Tonight, Jack was not even able to sleep in his 2nd floor bedroom, but is down in our 1st floor bedroom, which is easily 15 degrees cooler. UN-real!

Jack was especially glad that his camp trip today was to a movie theater! Yayyyy! If only I had signed up to chaperone that one. Instead, what do I pick? Day at the pool and playground. Hot, HOT! I don't really like the heat. I'm a 68-72 degree kind of person. Anything above that makes me cranky.

Jack: I am NOT going on my hiking trip tomorrow. It's toooooooo hottttttttttt!
me: It's ok. We won't make you go. You can stay in another classroom at school.
Jack: Whew. I hate it when my undies get all hot and itchy.

Yum.

Luckily they canceled the hike until Friday. Hope it cools down by then. Now I'm off to sit in the living room with a loud fan blowing in my face. But I shouldn't say that about Dennis. Hahahaha! Kidding. Anyway, it's sad to have central air and not get to enjoy it on the 100+ days. But as my neighbor, who doesn't have central air, says..."At least it's not 100 degrees in your kitchen!"

Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment