Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Jack-isms

I can't remember anything exciting that happened today, mainly because it's still 106 degrees at 10:30 p.m. UGH! I'm really slow and stupid when it's this hot. (No comments from the peanut gallery, thank you very much!) So basically, I'm lazy and tired and want to go to bed. I'm chaperoning a class trip to the town pool/park tomorrow and need to get rested up to help wrangle 20+ 5-year-olds. Did I mention that I volunteered for this? Jack couldn't be happier. Except...that Dennis is chaperoning another trip on Friday, which consists of lots of hiking and lots of woods, which may or may not harbor lots of ticks. Jack is counting the days until that happens.

Jack did say a few things today that reminded me of his unique style of speaking. He has the funniest phrases and I just want to jot them down so I don't forget. Forgive me if they are repeats. This is my blog and I'll repeat if I want to.  :P

Jack: This is crazier than my life!
(Can be used in just about any circumstance. Like when he is just about to climb on a  rollercoaster, or sees something funny in one of his videos. Always gets a laugh.)

Jack: I'm gonna do a little twitch.
(This means that he's got his groove on. Which then means that he feels like dancing. Usually in stores that have bass-thumping beats going on. Jack will find a full-length mirror and twitch his butt for all to see. Except he forgets that everyone can see him.)

Jack: Oh crisis!
(Jack actually thinks this is a swear, similar to "Christ!" We tell him not to say "Christ" when he's upset, though he points out that other people say it when THEY are mad. Ahem. Then one day, I was talking about work and said it was a complete crisis. Jack said "OOOOhhhhh Mom, you just said a bad word!" I explained what it meant, but Jack didn't believe me. "You're just tricking me because you don't want me to say it." Now he says "crisis" all the time. Moms always have the last laugh.)

Jack: Why do I have to look at all your tank tops?
(Says Jack when he sees my bras in the laundry. I tell him they are bras, and the other shirts are tank tops, but he doesn't care. We were in H&M today... hey I remembered something! ...and Jack saw a big pile of bras. He said: "Why am I looking at a huge pile of red tank tops??" Then he put one in front of his eyes and said "Whooooaaahhhhhh" sounding just like Wall-E.)

Jack: See my finger, see my thumb, see my fist you better run!
(Sigh, thanks Dad. This only has meaning if we are visiting Grandpa.)

No comments:

Post a Comment