Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Some of our Faves!

Once in awhile I think I will recap some of our favorite moments with Jack, prior to him turning 5. I wish I had started this blog much much sooner than I did. But that's what journals were for, eh? Though these stories may be familiar to some of you reading this, they are always entertaining. Enjoy!

(Photo above is Jack at 3 1/2 years old)
This one takes place in an outdoor bathroom stall in Wellfleet, MA, at a seafood restaurant by the ocean. Jack is in the stall with me. I think he was 3 1/2 at the time. There were two people waiting outside the door to the bathroom and the entire outdoor restaurant was right behind THEM!
me: (trying to pee quickly!) Jack! What are you doing? Don't get too close to me please... (he was bent over and trying to peer at my butt)
Jack: It's okay Mommy, I'm just checking for ticks.
(cue the loud laughter from outside the door)

(Photo above is Jack at 2 1/2 years old)
Okay, this one also involves bathroom humor. I guess that goes hand in hand with having a boy in the house! Jack was two and a half and was standing in front of the toilet finishing his potty break.
Jack: (looking from me to the potty and back to me...pondering...) Why Mommy no got da peanuts? (translation: Why doesn't Mommy have a penis?). I laughed so hard I almost pulled something.

No comments:

Post a Comment