Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Jack is notoriously sweet and very sensitive (under that rough exterior!). And...he loves his Mommy! Yesterday we were in the house alone and I heard all this racket. He was pulling out his keyboard, his toy trumpet and a microphone. The next thing I knew, he was serenading me. Opera style. I even have the video to prove it and if I can figure out how to post it I will.

So picture this. A fast-paced keyboard beat (pre-programmed of course). And Jack, holding a microphone in one hand and a trumpet in the other, while doing his famous "twitchy butt" dance. I had to zoom in on that while I recorded, of course.

me: Jack this is great. Now why are you doing all of this?? (me fishing for I Love You's)
Jack: (ignoring me dancing around and singing jibberish)
me: Haha! What a good performance! What do you want to say to your Mom??
Jack: (adjusts the beat on the keyboard and starts dancing with both the microphone and trumpet shoved in his mouth) GaaaoooooooHHHHHHHH!!!!!
me: Okayyyyy, now that it's almost OVER, what do you want to say to Mommy?

Jack: (Deep opera-sounding voice at the grand finish) Iiiiiiiii Looooooovveeee Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
me: Jack, you just made my day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment