Sunday, June 13, 2010

When Mom Gets Sick

Now why would I waste this precious free time updating my blog!? Jack and Dennis are in the basement playing. I'm in bed feeling crappy. Jack is finally starting to feel a little better.

Okay, I'm going to take a nap. Post later!

(it's later now)
Took a bit of a nap and woke up to a quiet house. Guess the boys went out. You know, when you're a mom, you're not supposed to get sick. Ever. It's like a freak show if you ask for an hour to "rest" (read: stop the room from spinning and make the pounding in my head cease.) Therefore, I always get the same responses from these guys.

(Yesterday afternoon...)

me: Hey, Den, is it okay if I go lay down for a bit, I don't feel really well. (understatement of the week. I was beat!)
Dennis: Ummm, like to sleep?
me: Uh yeah, if it happens it happens??
Jack: (who is still all stuffed up and coughing a bit) Why do you need to sleep now?? You NEVER need to sleep! You're fiiinnnneee. Come on, let's go play!
Dennis: Come on Jack, Mommy needs to "rest". (I think I heard the quotes on that one, really.)

(Today after we went to a morning Christening...don't worry, we didn't go near the baby...)

me: Can you and Jack do something downstairs? I think I need to go lay down. (I was seeing double at that point and burning up with a fever.)
Dennis: Sigh...Jack, Mommy needs to "rest" again.
Jack: No she doesn't. Come on let's play again! I want to go to the park!
me: (I was already asleep before this conversation was over.) Zzzzzzzzz.

(after an hour or two I got up to get some Motrin)
Jack: Mom, Mom, we're going to the mall, hey you look fine! Want to go with us??? (jumping up and down)
me: (glancing in the mirror) BAH! (scared myself...dark circles, disheveled hair, weird droopy/glazed eyes) You think THIS looks good?
Jack: Of course! You look great! Well...okay, byeeee! Have a good nap!
me: :)  (somehow he managed to make me feel a tiny bit better) ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment