Thursday, June 3, 2010

6th Day at the Cape


(Photo above shows Jack at ages 2, 3, 4 and 5 in front of the "Pirate" at Pirate's Cove. WTF happened in 2009 by the way??)

It was an overcast, though warm, day today, and I started out with a (gasp again) 7 mile run all the way to Great Island. It's not that great, but it's kinda big, so that's probably where the name came from. Lots and lots of hills, let me tell you. But, the one good thing about this morning, aside from my workout, was that Jack did not make a peep at 5:01 or 5:02 or even 5:03. I actually slept a little later until 5:45! Yes, the cycle is broken! It must have been that damn Korean-war-era alarm clock that I confiscated from the closet. I just bet it was set to go off at 5:01 each day. OR it was the crazy bird waking Jack up. Because today, as soon as I heard it flap/bang against my window, I jumped up and did breathy screams at it while flapping my hands. I know, not a great visual, but the bird left after one head whomp and didn't come back. I was able to do the run, come back home, stretch and then come into the house to find complete and utter silence. It was about 7:30 and ... nothing. It was a good start to the day.

Needless to say, Jack woke up happy, smiling and full of wit.

Today I will give you a rundown of the top "Jack-isms", in top 10 format, that I've heard so far this week. Only because some of them are great and I don't want to forget them. Enjoy!

10. Ehhh, skip the hotdog, I'll have eel sushi instead. (Out at a local restaurant)

9. (Dennis was driving, and said "Oops, we can't go in this way, it's a one way") Jack says: Go that way anyway Daddy, heh heh, the sign can't make you do anything.

8. Pretend I'm a buffalo in a zoo and I'm pooping. Wait, I have to get into the position that it would be in first...

7. (Telling his uncle John about the bird show that we saw earlier) And then there was this, um, hawk that was hurt in his head by a car so he didn't see very well, and he was captured, and there were seagulls that pooped right on the ground in front of us and they had a boogie board to ride and the bird on the other side of the water hit the ball back and forth and it was like water with a fake building, but one of the doors really opened to a fish market even though it was fake and the squirrel...what was his name Mom??... Oh, Rocky, he was trying to be put in the cage with his friend but he was blind and I got a toy skateboard, a finger skateboard, ... what? ...yeah I know what ollie is ...it's when you jump...ohhh it's when you jump and spin?? Ohhhh! Okay hold on, I'll go try...Mommmm! where's my skateboard!? oh thanks...Ok, byeeeee!

6. This was the best food I EVER had, I mean really ever, like better than any lunch eh-eh-verrrrr! (Eating at a fish market in Harwich. He had a burger.)

5. And what is that smell??? I'm not eating anything that smells like thaaaattttt! (The smell of low tide as we headed over to a restaurant)

4. Am I being really good right now? (then whispers) I'm acting just like Pepito. He's 10 and in 5th grade you know.

3. I looooovvveee just resting on a beach towel in the sun. Lu-huh-huuuhhove!

2. Awwww I don't wanna walk around town. I'd rather just stay home and be a buffalo!!!

1. Here's what we're gonna do. You're gonna pull over at the top of the street here, and I'm gonna get out. You're not coming with me. Then you drive home and I'll meet you down at the bottom of the driveway. Okay? Why are you getting out too? Awwww, okay fine, let's both walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment