Monday, November 8, 2010

Well I Wanna Tell Ya Pilgrim (Yes, it's John Wayne)

Yet another quote that Jack learned from Grandpa Louie. Thanks Dad. Jack's been saying that for the past 2 days, even though he learned it last week. It comes and goes, and you never know when you'll meet another John Wayne fan, so I guess it's good to have a quick one liner ready.

Some of Jack's one liners are classic and some are just completely wrong. I'm losing track, so here's where I'll list some of them. Limiting to 10 because I'm tired. :)

10. It's all fun and games til the cops show up. (read that on a t-shirt somewhere)

9. Only the good die young. (Billy Joel)

8. Reverse! Gas! Music! (For when he wants to make a quick getaway. From Madagascar 2)

7. I'd rather kiss a wookie. (If he doesn't want to do something. From Star Wars.)

6. See my finger, see my thumb, see my fist you better run. (Thanks again Dad)

5. Ehhh your brother blows bubblegum. (Bugs Bunny. He says it when he needs a rude comeback.)

4. You just go on about your business (His own creation. Used if we're butting in on what he's doing.)

3. I hate the redcoats! (From Schoolhouse Rock. What he says whenever he hears mention of England. I try to tell him it's in the past...but he's not buying it.)

2. Oootcha Cootcha, Ootcha Cootcha!! (If you hear this noise you better run. He's in spaz mode and you're likely to get hurt. Usually accompanied by Mr. Teeth.)

1. Jesus Christ...sorry! But Daddy says it! (Needs no explanation. Please tell me how to stop that one.)

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. I'm curious, though, where the "see my finger, see my thumb..." quote is from. Is it a movie? Or is it just something old men say? My father-in-law is famous for saying that to the grand kids. I just didn't know it was a popular saying until just now. Any idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I do not know! I will have to ask my father about that. I'm sure HIS father used the same line too. Unfortunately, I've been hearing it all my life. :)

    ReplyDelete