Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Jack's Notebook

I had to snoop. It's the cutest thing. Jack keeps a notebook (well he has dozens, but this one is special) and a thin blue sharpie at his desk in the kitchen. He almost uses it as a journal, though he doesn't yet know that he's doing that. When he's happy or upset or out of sorts he sits down and I can hear some careful writing going on. I should really take some snapshots of the pages BUT I LOST MY CAMERA SOMEWHERE...PROBABLY AT WORK! Sigh. Rough week I'm having.

Here are some of the notes Jack has written to himself, or to whomever, as he will sometimes show me what he has written. Most times he says "go on about your business" when I try to peek over his shoulder.


- MS. CARMEN I LOVE YOU. (his old K teacher assistant)

- NOW CAN I SEE MORE OF TOY STORY?

- I WILL BE GOOD IN 1RST (sic) GRADE

- I LOVE YOU DADDY

- OH THIS IS WHAT MAKES ME SAD WHEN...

- WHEN PEOPLE LET ME GO TO THEIR PARTY

- I HAVE TO GET OFF COMPUTER

- MOM GUESS WHAT

- I AM AN ARTIST BY JACK

- CAN I WATCH A VIDEO?

- MOM GUESS WHAT? I LOVE YOU.

- IF YOU WERE THE LAST BEAUTIFUL GIRL (he's into Matchbox Twenty)

- YEP I DONE BUSTED EVREY (sic) PART OF MY BODY (I think that's a Cars/Mater quote?)

Or he's just getting more esoteric as he gets older. LOL! I guess this is my prerequisite to reading the text messages on his phone when he's 13. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment