Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chewbacca

Jack has always, always loved to wear a big furry blanket and pretend that he is something furry, dirty, covered in bugs, and generally disgusting. He had been in love with Chewbacca since he was 2 years old at least! It's been awhile since we've seen Jack take on this "larger than life" character, but last night, after I tucked him into bed, I noticed a very strange expression on his face.

me: Who are you now?
Jack: guess.
me: Pepito?
Jack: no
me: A yak?
Jack: nope
me: A dirty filthy bison?
Jack: no
me: buffalo? zebra? moose? minotaur?
Jack: Its the best of all mom. (he sort of growls and looks at me with his "tough guy" face) I'm Chewbacca!

Then he writhes around in his bed thinking that he must look exactly like Chewbacca. Though the furry blue Wall-E blanket he's under doesn't quite complete that picture. :)

Jack: Make sure you tell Daddy that I'm Chewbacca. I don't want to scare him.
me: ok, I will definitely tell him. Goodnight! (I shut his door)
Jack: (I can hear him grunting and writhing some more)

No comments:

Post a Comment