Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snow Fort, Banana Bread and Koala Brothers

We made the most awesome snow fort today. Since the wind finally died down, Jack and I were able to bundle up and go outside for some fun. We found 4-foot high snow drifts after the storm the other day, which dropped close to two feet of snow. I dug a massive tunnel, then turned and came out on the other side. Two entrances! I could barely fit, but Jack was loving it. We created a snow "bedroom" .

me: Jack look...if the neighbors look outside, all they will see is a hill of snow. they don't know there's a fort in here. It's secret.

Jack: Awesome! Let's go over there and look! (we trudge through snow that was literally up to my upper thigh. Jack was light enough to stay on top of it.) Oh, you can't even see it. That's the best snow fort ever Mom!

me: Thanks.

We came in for snacks and to dump piles of snow out of our pants. We were actually pretty toasty while we played, so we didn't need to warm up too much. Milk and banana bread hit the spot.

Jack: Mom, you make the most awesome banana bread in the whole world.

me: Thanks! Glad you like it.

Jack: What can we do next?

me: How about watching your Koala Brothers video?

Jack: The whole thing???

me: Sure.

Jack: (throws his arms around me) Oh thanks thanks!

Yeah, I earned a lot of little-boy credit today. But I had fun too! Seeing that huge smile on Jack's face makes it all worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna need the recipe, cause I love bananabread ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not like I answer in any timely fashion. What's this...a comment? haha. Here is the recipe. Enjoy!

    1 3/4 cups flour
    2/3 cup sugar
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    3 ripe bananas, mashed (2 is also fine)
    1/3 cup shortening or butter (i used butter-flavored crisco)
    2 Tablespoons skim milk
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla

    Mix all dry ingredients. Add all wet ingredients. Mix. Use electric mixer on high for 2 minutes. Pour into greased loaf pan (pyrex/glass works best). Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. Depending on your oven. Use the toothpick test for doneness!

    ReplyDelete