Saturday, December 25, 2010

The aftermath...

Wrapping paper scraps stuck to socks, pine needles in the kitchen sink, chocolate crumbs on the counter, floor and dining room table, no less than 12 stockings for 3 people and two cats, rolled up bag of potato chips on the couch, fingernails all dented and broken from ripping open impossible packaging and untwining various materials to release a yellow mustang, play-doh mega factory, remote controlled helicopter, star wars laptop, battery package, and a tri-chocolate cake that came in a box.

This is what I see around me. What do you see around you right now? It can't possibly be neat and orderly, can it?

me: Jack, let's move some of your stuff back under the tree to get it out of the way. I keep stepping on stuff.

Jack: No, all my stuff has to go over here together. (right in the middle of the hall)

me: How does that help anything?

Jack: It's where I opened it all. They can all be together!

me: Your presents are friends with each other?

Jack: Oh, I forgot this one. Here you go, back with your friends...

me: Okay, I guess that answers my question.

May all of your Christmases be lacking in reason, be abundant in discarded wrapping materials, and be steeped in bronchial spasms, much like mine is! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment