Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My little inventor

I watched Jack play tonight. Well, I've watched him play for years obviously, but tonight I sort of studied him. All he had to play with was a cardboard box that his new boots came in. The box was cool, it opened slanty-wise and had a weird flip top. So that must be what inspired him.

Jack: Mom, come see my new garbage machine!

me: Okay, what's this all about? Looks interesting...

Jack: Yeah, you go like this (he grabs his Trouble game box) and you shove this in here, and then watch watch! It flips over and the garbage goes inside and then it gets crushed and comes out here. (dramatic flip of the box and the Trouble game shoots across the floor)

me: Wow! You put a lot of thought into this huh?

Jack: Yeah. I really want to be an inventor when I grow up. Can I?

me: You can be anything you want to be.

Jack: Good, I want to be an inventor, and invent the coolest garbage crusher.

me: Well, you can invent anything. Not just...garbage stuff.

Jack: No, it's definitely gonna be garbage something. I can just tell.

Well, once I'm done watching Modern Family (repeat! which is ironically about the family being too attached to their electronics...as I sit here on my netbook...) I may just go post a video of Jack from when he was 3. He invented a credit card crusher machine, and Dennis interviewed him about it. He's been inventing for YEARS. Let's see what he can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment