Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jury Duty

me: Jack, Daddy is going to take you to the bus tomorrow because I have jury duty.

Jack: What's a jury? (brief pause) Why does it doodie?

(Seriously.)

me: There's no doodie-ing... A jury is a group of people that get picked to decide if a bad guy goes to jail or not. (oh what the hell would you say?)

Jack: Do you get to see the bad guy?

me: Yeah, if you're on the jury.

Jack: How can you be on it if it's people? Is it a stage?

me: No it's people. It's a group so you're "on" the group. Like you're "on" the team...in baseball or whatever?

Jack: Oh. Does the bad guy try to get you?

me: Nah, they have police officers and stuff to protect us.

Jack: (pondering) But what if the bad guy has super powers?

I'll leave this up to Dad the Lawyer. Please explain to your son in 50 words or less. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment