Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Love Note...

(forgot to post last night...and sending through email...I still love
this feature!)

I'm not sure if I handled this the right way. In fact, I probably
didn't...but he's FIVE for Pete's sake. What would you do. Seriously.
Tell me.

Jack: Sighhhhhhh...

me: What's wrong?

Jack: It's just that...I have to think about this girl all the time.
It's hard to think of other things...

me: Who is this?

Jack: Megan. From my Tae Kwon Do class?

me: Ohhhh. What do you think about her?

Jack: Remember Mom, I want to (whispers) marry her...

me: Still? Well that's really nice sweetie.

Jack: I just have to find out if she'll marry me.

me: Why don't you ask her?

Jack: (looks stricken) Wha? No! I have to write her a note and ask her
to check the box, then I'll know. (he runs his hand through his hair
and it's all sticking up...)

me: Ohhh, okay, do you want to write her a note?

Jack: Yeah, can you help me?

me: Here's some paper. Just write whatever you want to say...

Jack: (writes this) Dear Megan. I want to marry you someday. Do you
want to? YES NO Please return to Jack at lunch.

me: (wondering if I should let him give this note to Megan...) Ummm,
it's very well written Jack. Are you sure you want to give her a note?

Jack: Oh yes! The only thing I'm worried about is whether or not
she'll understand the check boxes. What if she thinks that checking
YES means that she's crossing OUT yes and she really means NO?

me: (oh boy) No honey, I think she will know to check yes if she means
yes. But what if she checks no? Are you okay with that?

Jack: Why would she check no? We talk all the time!

me: I'm just saying...

I think I'm going to put a stop to the note writing. Something tells
me that this borders on stalking? ha ha. We all passed notes in
school, but I don't think I started until I was at least 8 or 9.
Aren't there laws in place now for notes. Like a zero tolerance note
passing law? Sheesh, I don't know. Poor kid. He's so worried about
this! I can't wait to see what happens. My own little soap opera.

2 comments:

  1. This same thing (kind of) happens to the kid in The Sorcerer's Apprentice, but he was 10. Kids grow up so fast these days. We (men) are usually dazzled by women that can do Kung Fu. Watch Xena for further study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never saw it! And yes, they do grow up fast and turn into men with the same problems, I mean endearing qualities. Ha ha. I did see Social Network and now every time I make a blog entry I feel like Mark Zuckerberg.

    ReplyDelete