Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cook with me!

Jack: Can I help cook dinner?

me: Oh, I could totally use help! What do you want to do?

Jack: Can I peel the carrots and do it all by myself with absolutely no help?

me: Okay, if you promise to be very careful and peel away from your hand. Can you do that?

Jack: I can do that. I can do anything.

me: Sigh. Here's how you peel. Follow exactly how I do it.

Jack: (reaches up with the peeler) Aaahhh!!!

me: Jack, don't itch your eye with the peeler in your hand. Put it down please. Sheesh.

Jack: I forgot. (peel, peel, peel)

me: Good, just like that.

Jack: GAH!! (the carrot goes flying)

me: Did it bite you?

Jack: No, I almost peeled my finger.

me: Hold it further back. Wait, do you want to just stop for now and I'll finish?

Jack: Mom, you didn't learn this the first time so let me just mess it up! Remember the teach a person to fish thing? Now I can peel carrots for my whole entire life!

No comments:

Post a Comment